There’s no place like home, but sometimes our homes could use a little help in the comfort department. No matter how clean or well-decorated our homes are, they can always benefit from a few accessories that make them feel cozier and more inviting.
After all, our homes should be our oasis away from the rest of the world, so why not make them as comfortable as possible? Here are 8 accessories that will make any home feel more welcoming.
From blankets and throws to candles and greenery, these items are sure to give your space the cozy factor you’re looking for.
Statement Piece Art
Whether it’s a painting, sculpture, or simply a print, every home needs at least one statement piece of art. Not only does it add character and personality to your space, but it also shows that you’re not afraid to make a bold statement.
Plus, it’s the perfect conversation starter when you have guests over. So if you don’t already have one, go out and find that perfect piece of art that speaks to you—you won’t regret it.
When it comes to adding a touch of homeyness to your space, there’s nothing quite like potted plants. Whether you go for classic greenery or something a little more unusual, potted plants are an easy way to make any room feel warm and inviting.
Not sure where to start? Here are a few of our favorite potted plants:
1. Snake Plants: These hardy plants are practically impossible to kill, which makes them ideal for beginner gardeners. Snake plants also purify the air and release oxygen at night, so they’re perfect for bedrooms.
2. Spider Plants: Another great option for those new to plant parenting, spider plants are incredibly easy to care for. They’re also known for being great at filtering out toxins from the air, making them a healthy choice for any home.
3. succulents: Succulents come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and colors, so it’s easy to find one that fits your style. Plus, they’re very low-maintenance and can even thrive on neglect.
4. Ferns: Ferns add a touch of old-world charm to any space. They prefer indirect sunlight and high humidity, so they’re perfect for bathrooms or kitchens.
5. Peace Lilies: As the name suggests, peace lilies are known for their calming effect on the mind and body.
When it comes to making a house a home, it’s the little things that count. Something as simple as a welcome mat can make all the difference in making visitors feel warmly welcomed.
But not just any old mat will do – it has to be one that fits your style and personality. Here are some of our favorite welcome mats that are sure to make any home feel more inviting.
Adding a few throw blankets to your home is an easy way to make it feel more welcoming. Not only do they add color and texture, but they can also be used for extra warmth on chilly nights.
When choosing throw blankets, look for ones that are made from natural materials like wool or cotton. They will be more durable and comfortable to use than synthetic options.
If you have children or pets, you may want to choose throws that are machine washable. This will make it easy to keep them clean and looking their best. You can find a variety of throws in different colors and patterns online or at your local home goods store.
Pillows are one of those essential home accessories that can make any space feel more inviting. They add a touch of comfort and style and can be easily swapped out to change the look of a room.
When choosing pillows for your home, consider both function and aesthetics. For example, if you want a pillow that will add some extra support for your neck while you sleep, look for one that is filled with down or feathers.
If you’re looking for something purely decorative, choose a pillow with an interesting texture or pattern. And don’t forget to think about size! Pillows come in all shapes and sizes, so be sure to measure your furniture before you shop to ensure you get the perfect fit.
There’s something about candles that just make a space feel warm and inviting. Maybe it’s the flickering flame or the soft glow of light they emit. Whatever the reason, candles are a simple way to make any home feel more welcoming.
Not sure where to start? Here are a few ideas:
– Choose scented candles that match the mood you want to create. For example, lavender is perfect for creating a calming atmosphere, while citrus scents can help to energize a space.
– Group candles together in threes or fives for a more impactful display.
– Place candles on different levels throughout the room for added interest.
– Use candlesticks of different heights, or mix and match different types of candle holders for an eclectic look.
Plants and greenery are a great way to make any home feel more welcoming. Not only do they add a pop of color and life to any room, but they also help to purify the air and improve the quality of your indoor environment.
If you don’t have a green thumb, no worries! There are plenty of low-maintenance options out there that are perfect for busy homeowners. And if you really want to up the ante, try adding some flowers or herbs to your collection – they’ll add a lovely scent and can even be used in cooking!
Personal photos are one of the quickest and easiest ways to make any home feel more welcoming. Whether you display them on a formal gallery wall or take a more casual approach by scattering them throughout the space, family photos add a personal touch that makes guests feel right at home.
If you’re not sure where to start, we suggest gathering all of your favorite family photos and sorting them into piles by subject matter. From there, you can decide which style of display you prefer and begin arranging your photos accordingly.
There are a few key accessories that can make any home feel more inviting and welcoming. From throw blankets and pillows to candles and vases, these items add a touch of warmth and personality to any space.
If you’re looking to make your home more inviting, consider adding some or all of these accessories. You’ll be surprised at how much of a difference they can make.